Saturday 28 March 2015

In need of advice!!!

I would love advice from all of you fellow MAPPers...

I have been struggling this week to be inspired and motivated to read and dig into literature around my topic of the relationship between Ballet and Modern dance technique. I have been doing lots of thinking this week and am realizing that my passion is for the area of mentorship. 
So, I am now wondering if this is an area of inquiry I should consider for my research instead of the relationship between Ballet and Modern technique? 

I can see clearly how I could go about researching the Ballet/Modern relationship - I already have ideas for questions etc, but am feeling a bit unmotivated.

I cannot see clearly how I would go about researching Mentorship in dance. So I am hesitant to go this direction. 

I would love your advice about this dilemma as I feel I am now in a time crunch and need to decide asap in order to move on with this module! 
Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) 

Thank you,
Ainsley 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ainsley.
    Forgive for asking, what do you mean by mentorship? I think that you should spend a little time pursuing this interest and see where it leads you. You write yourself that you are feeling unmotivated and uninspired to look into the modern/classical technique. So see where a few days of literature search leads you- maybe you find something interesting, if not, leave it and go back to your first area of interest.

    Just my thoughts.... Maria

    ReplyDelete