Wednesday 4 November 2015

Literature

Hello all,

As a follow up to our Skype this past weekend I have chosen to write about my understanding of literature and our research project. During our Skype we all came to consensus that we are struggling finding literature that is directly related to each of our topics, we are becoming overwhelmed by the enormous amount of ideas that come up within the literature, and we are finding that there are holes within the literature. It is these holes that our own research will help fill. By researching literature outside of our specific topic we can create our own thoughts and voice and use this to begin to fill these holes.

Understanding we will not find the answers we are looking for in literature, Helen gave us an image to consider. Literature is just an ingredient that is added to the bigger product that I am making. It will help add spice, making the flavour deeper and adding richness.

This image has helped me not feel as overwhelmed as I was previously. I am still struggling to find literature that related to part of my research, but will continue to see out sources that may be applicable even if not directly related. I believe this still has the ability to open up my mind and help me create my owns voice to eventually help fill in some of those holes within dance research.


No comments:

Post a Comment